How it works
Using your Mamascarf breastfeeding cover is easy; it’s a really simple but effective triangular design;
- Place the scarf around your neck with the centre point at your tummy and the pocket on the inside.
- Tie the two ends of the scarf at the back of your neck. The larger you require it to be, the further to the end you need to tie it. Tie a double knot.
- Once your scarf is tied, loop your arm through the neck opening and pull the fabric around so the bulk of it is across your body and the scarf is tied across your back. (Right arm through to feed on the right or your left arm through to feed on the left side).
- Once the Mamascarf nursing cover is in place you can adjust your clothing as required, now you can slip your baby up and underneath and feed as normal ensuring you are holding your baby at all times. Pull the fabric around your baby for maximum support.
- The first time you use your Mamascarf try it on and tie it, do it at home with someone to help you.
- Make sure you have it tied tightly enough to provide you with some support, but not so tightly that you can’t move your baby should you need to.
- Keep it tied and you will be able to put it on quickly every time. You can do it with one hand whilst holding your baby.
- For tips on burping your baby with a Mamascarf and changing sides visit our YouTube channel.
- Mamascarf is a registered design. The European Community Design Registration no. 001103022-0001
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How is it different to using normal scarf for breastfeeding?
A. Mamascarf is the right fabric to be strong enough to tie and offer support, yet lightweight enough so that your baby won’t get too warm. The fabric is custom made, the texture is great for hiding creases when it is in and out of your changing bag and it doubles up as an attractive scarf. It is the right shape to be tied and to support your baby whilst allowing you to see them. It also has the pocket on the underside for a breastpad.
Q. It seems expensive?
A. Mamascarf is made using high quality cotton, woven in Turkey to our specification and made ethically in our factory. It might be more expensive than a cheap scarf but when you think about how often you are going to use it (daily while breastfeeding) and the fact that you won’t need to invest in breastfeeding tops, it is good value for money.
Q. What shape is it?
A. Mamascarf is a triangular scarf with a pocket on the underside.